Dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul, Nadur’s monumental church is one of the most magnificent churches on the island. It became the third Collegiate of Gozo in 1894 and gained the title of Basilica on 26 June 1967.The interior of the church is covered in marble while the paintings on the ceiling and in the dome are by the Maltese painter Lazzaro Pisani and depict episodes from the lives of Saints Peter and Paul. “L-Imnarja”, the feast of Saint Peter and St. Paul is celebrated on the 29th of June, which is also a National holiday. Its name derives from luminaria (illumination) and is connected with the beginning of summer. The Nadur festa includes an agricultural and crafts show, firework displays, and concerts by the local Mnarja brass band.